Cementitious Waterproofing System
DAVIES® MORTAFLEX® is a modified acrylic water-based polymer developed to improve the performance of cement mortar or concrete. The resulting cement compound exhibits excellent adhesion, water resistance, and mechanical strength not found in ordinary cement-water mixture.
DAVIES® MORTAFLEX® transforms cement into a tough but flexible coating perfect for waterproofing. It is highly resistant to water penetration on landscape flat decks and wind-driven rain on exterior walls
Type : Modified Acrylic
Appearance : Milky White Liquid
Practical Coverage (mixture):
Vertical Waterproofing - 10 sqm / 4L / coat
Horizontal Waterproofing: 4.5 sqm / 4L / coat
Floor Patching and Concrete repair: 4.5 sqm / 4L / coat
- Low odor, non-toxic, and environment-friendly
- Resists water seepage; suitable for positivewater pressure on exterior and interiorvertical walls
- Greatly reduces concrete chipping withexcellent crack bridging properties even forthin mortar finishes
-Delays the spread of fire when used as a cementitious coating on wood and light building materials
- Conceals hairline cracks not more than 2mm thick and progressive structural cracks
- Provides superior bond strength to concrete, metal, wood, bricks, and insulation foams
• Firewalls • Planters
• Decks • Bathrooms
• Basements • Underlayer
Brush / Roller / Spray
Pot Life: 1-2 hours
• Surface should be clean, dry, free from oil, grease, dust, dirt, loose materials and other contaminants.
• Remove dirt, dust, loose or excess grit or mortar with stiff brush and clean surface by high pressure water hosing.
• The loosening or fallen of concrete have to be removed and thelarge holes, cracks should be repaired first.
• All structural cracks must be repaired prior to waterproofingapplication. Use the required sealants and structural bondingagents.
• Sieve separately the sand and cement to eliminate lumps and mix thoroughly.
• While mixing DAVIES® MORTAFLEX®, add the cement/sand mixture and continue mixing for 3-5 minutes until the desired consistency is obtained (refer to Product Preparation Table onDAVIES® MORTAFLEX® cement/sand mixing ratio). DO not add water.
A. Waterproofing for Verticals Surfaces
• Mix 4 liters of DAVIES® MORTAFLEX® to 5.5 kg of ordinary Portland cement
• Apply 2-3 coats using a brush or roller
B. Waterproofing for Horizontal Surfaces
• Mix 4 liters of DAVIES® MORTAFLEX® to 5.5 kg of ordinary Portland cement and 3 kg of sand.
• Apply one (1) coat using a trowel
C. Floor Patching & Concrete Repair
• Mix 4 liters of DAVIES® MORTAFLEX® to 7 kg of ordinary Portland cement and 7 kg of sand.
• Apply one (1) coat using a trowel
• Before application, wet masonry surfaces with water thoroughly.
• Refer to Product Preparation on DAVIES® MORTAFLEX®Cement / Sand Mixture for the correct application method.
• For maximum durability, paint application is recommended. Cure the applied DAVIES® MORTAFLEX® for 3 days before the desired painting system. DAVIES® MORTAFLEX® CementitiousWaterproofing Membrane is highly recommended for the exterior face (positive side) to prevent moisture infiltration to the substrate from the exterior environment. It is not recommended for the interior face of the structure (negative side).
Dry to touch- 10-15 minutes
Flash-off (in between coats): 30 minutes
Dry hard (paint-ready): 3 days
Clean-Up: Clean water
STORAGE AND HANDLING
• Keep container closed when not in use.
• Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated space.
• Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
• In case of spillage absorb with inert materials such as sand.