Superfine White Powder
MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-1 is a specially formulated free-flowing white or gray powder to be mixed with water to form a paste that is used to fill up cracks and achieve a flawlessly smooth interior exterior concrete surface. It covers surface imperfections, exhibits high adhesive strength resistant to cracks and pinholes, and offers superior compatibility and adhesion to masonry paints.
Type: Vinyl Acetate / Ethylene
Practical Coverage: 20 sqm / 20 kg bag MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-1 + 7.5 - 8 Liter water
Pack Size: 20kg bag
• Smoothens Masonry Surfaces
• Resistant to Hairline Cracks
• Alkali Resistant
• Excellent Adhesion to Masonry Paints
• Easy and Convenient to use – just add water
• Optimum Open Time and Pot Life for Easy Workability
• Plastered Concrete Walls
• Columns and Ceilings
• Concrete and Pre-cast Surfaces
• Gypsum and Fiber-cement Boards
• Concrete Soffits and Overheads
Application Tools :
Clean Stainless Steel Trowel
• All surfaces must be clean, dry, free from dust, dirt, chalk, laitance, efflorescence, rust, grease, oil, and other foreign materials.
• When applying Skimcoat for rough surfaces, concrete may be cured for only 5-7 days.
• Mix 10kg MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-1 to 3.5 – 4.0 liters parts clean tap water (20kg bag MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-1 to 7.50-8liters water). Use a plastic pail, add MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-1by increments to water, and mix thoroughly to a homogeneous, lump-free mixture.
• Use a hand drill-electric mixer for 2-3 minutes to attain a smooth and creamy paste.
• Allow the MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-1 water mixture to stand for3-5 minutes and stir before application.
• Mix only a sufficient amount that can be applied in 30 minutes to 1hour. Warm exterior conditions will shorten pot life.
• Do not add water to extend pot life as excess water will affect the final performance properties of the skimcoat.
• Light water misting of the concrete surface is recommended before applying the MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-1 water mixture.
• Surface sanding of the applied area is not necessary but light sanding may be done to correct unevenness. Avoid continuous heavy sanding as this results in excessive dust. Ensure that all dust and dirt is completely wiped off.
• Allow a minimum of 24 hours of drying depending on the thickness and atmospheric conditions before applying the desired painting system or wallpaper.
• MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-1 must be applied with a sealer or paint as protection.
Recoating interval: 30 minutes – 1 hour
Pot life: 30 minutes – 1 hour depending on atmospheric condition
Clean-Up: Clean Water
STORAGE AND HANDLING
MONDO™ Skimcoat SK-1 is a cementitious product. Avoid prolonged exposure to skin. Store in a cool, dry place to prevent premature cement curing brought about by moisture. • Keep container closed when not in use.
• Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated space.
• Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
• In case of spillage, sweep and dispose accordingly.