MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-3 is a one-component ready-to-use acrylic skimcoat paste. It is easy to apply, eliminates minor masonry surface imperfections, and produces a smooth durable surface base for paints. It can be applied to both exterior and interior walls and ceilings while maintaining good elasticity.
Type: Modified Acrylic
Practical Coverage: 4-5 sqm / kg / coat depending on the quality and porosity of substrate
Pack Size: 5 kg and 25 kg
• Ready to Use
• Easy to Apply
• Easy to Sand
• Resistant to Hairline Cracks
• Achieve Smooth Surface Finish
• Sag Resistant
• Good Adhesion to Masonry Surface
INTERIOR / EXTERIOR • Plastered Concrete Walls • Columns and Ceilings
• Concrete and Pre-cast Surfaces
• Gypsum and Fiber-cement Boards
• Concrete Soffits and Overheads
Application Tools :
Clean Stainless Steel Trowel
• All surfaces must be clean, dry, free from dust, dirt, chalk, laitance, efflorescence, rust, grease, oil, and other foreign materials.
• When applying Skimcoat for rough surfaces, concrete may be cured for only 5-7 days.
Ready to use.
• Apply One (1) coat with a stainless steel trowel.
• Allow sufficient drying time before applying the second coat to prevent drawing off of the previous coat or until the required thickness is obtained. The maximum thickness is 4mm.
• Do not apply MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-3 more than 1mm per coat which may result in mud cracking and longer drying time.
• Use sandpaper to polish the surface.
• Allow a minimum of 24 hours of drying depending on the thickness and atmospheric conditions before applying the desired painting system or wallpaper.
• MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-3 must be applied with a sealer or paint as protection.
No of coats: 2-4
Recoating interval: 30 minutes - 1 hour
Clean-Up: Clean Water
STORAGE AND HANDLING
• Keep container closed when not in use.
• Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated space.
• Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
• In case of spillage absorb with inert materials such as sand.