DAVIES® Oil Woodstain® is a lightly pigmented oil-rich finish specially formulated for cabinets, door jambs, floor, furniture, and woodworks. It will stain and protect the wood allowing the natural beauty of the grain and texture to show.
Type : Oil Based
Finish : Flat
Color Range :
DV-20-42 Dark Oak
DV-20-90 Brown Mahogany
Practical Coverage: 40-50 sqm / 4L / coat depending on surface porosity
Pack Sizes: 1 liter and 4 liters set
floor, furniture, and wood works
A. New Surfaces:
• All areas to be painted must be dry and free of dirt, dust, grease, oil,] and other contaminants.
• For open grain wood, apply DAVIES® 77 Laxtite Lacquer Wood Dough using putty knife. Let dry for 1 to 2 hours and sand in the direction of wood grain. Dust off completely, then wipe with a clean rag.
B. Previously Painted Surfaces:
• Do not apply over previously painted, varnished, or enameled surfaces. Painted or lacquered surface should be stripped to bare wood using DAVIES® 300-X Strip-Eze Paint Remover.
• For open grain wood, apply DAVIES® 77 Laxtite Lacquer Wood Dough using putty knife. Let dry for 1 to 2 hours and sand. Dust off completely, then wipe with a clean rag.
Application Method : Synthetic Bristle Brush / Cloth Thinning : Use AS IS
Recoat Time : 30 minutes – 1 hour
Drying Time (to topcoat) : 5-10 hours
Clean-up : DAVIES® 40 Paint Thinner
Pack Sizes : 1 Liter and 4 Liters
Shelf Life : One year when stored in dry and cool conditions APPLICATION
• Thoroughly mix before and during application for color uniformity. • For best results, use a synthetic bristle brush because it will hold the stain and actually work it down into the wood’s surface. • Color uniformity depends upon even stain distribution. It is important to prevent lap marks during application by following through on a board to a break.
• Apply liberally for uniform coverage and to achieve desired color. If a second coat is desired, allow 8 hours drying before recoating.
STORAGE AND HANDLING
• Keep container closed when not in use.
• Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated space.
• Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
• In case of spillage absorb with inert materials such as sand.