Davies Paints wood stain is suited to be used for cabinets, door jambs, floors, furniture, and woodworks.
A. New Surfaces:
All areas to be painted must be dry and free of dirt, dust, grease, oil,] and other contaminants.
- For open grain wood, apply DAVIES® 77 Laxtite Lacquer Wood Dough using putty knife. Let dry for 1 to 2 hours and sand in the direction of wood grain. Dust off completely, then wipe with a clean rag.
B. Previously Painted Surfaces:
- Do not apply over previously painted, varnished, or enameled surfaces. Painted or lacquered surface should be stripped to bare wood using DAVIES® 300-X Strip-Eze Paint Remover.
- For open grain wood, apply DAVIES® 77 Laxtite Lacquer Wood Dough using putty knife. Let dry for 1 to 2 hours and sand. Dust off completely, then wipe with a clean rag.
Application Method : Synthetic Bristle Brush / Cloth Thinning : Use AS IS
Recoat Time : 30 minutes - 1 hour
Drying Time (to topcoat) : 5-10 hours
Clean-up : DAVIES® 40 Paint Thinner
Pack Sizes : 1 Liter and 4 Liters
Shelf Life : One year when stored in dry and cool conditions APPLICATION
- Thoroughly mix before and during application for color uniformity.
- For best results, use a synthetic bristle brush because it will hold the stain and actually work it down into the wood's surface.
- Color uniformity depends upon even stain distribution. It is important to prevent lap marks during application by following through on a board to a break.
- Apply liberally for uniform coverage and to achieve desired color. If a second coat is desired, allow 8 hours drying before recoating.
STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Keep container closed when not in use.
- Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated space.
- Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
- In case of spillage absorb with inert materials such as sand.