DAVIES® SUN & RAIN® Buena Mano is a preparatory coating formulated with excellent hiding characteristics. It forms a binding layer better prepared to receive and ensures a good topcoat finish with enhanced color, sheen, and uniformity. Buena Mano provides a sealed, bonded, and stable surface for better surface protection and adhesion. It is recommended as an undercoat when painting light topcoat colors over an existing dark color.
Type: Modified Acrylic
Practical Coverage: 30-40 sqm / 4L / coat depending on surface porosity
Pack Sizes: 4 liters and 16 liters
DAVIES® SUN & RAIN® Buena Mano
can easily cover dark colored
surfaces in just one coat
For masonry surfaces such as concrete, plaster and flexiboard
Application Method :
Brush / Roller / Spray
Dilute with not more than 5% water
A. New Concrete:
• New concrete and cement plastered surfaces must be thoroughly cured for 28 days before painting, having a moisture content of less than 15% and a pH below 9.
• Remove concrete laitance and other impurities.
• Thoroughly clean the surface and ensure that it is dry, free from oil, grease, loose materials and other possible contaminants.
B. Previously Painted Concrete:
• Thoroughly clean the surface and ensure that it is dry, free from oil grease, loose materials and other possible contaminants.
• If the surface is powdery and chalky, scrub and clean with water before applying one coat of DAVIES® Liquid Tile® Penetrating Sealer.
• For mildew and molds, treat with 1 part liquid bleach and 3 parts water solution. Rinse with water and allow the surface to dry before painting.
Primer/Sealer: Apply one (1) coat of DAVIES® 1350 Megacryl® Concrete Primer & Sealer or SR-BM Buena Mano
Putty: As needed, Apply DAVIES® 5000 Megacryl® Concrete Putty on surface imperfections
Primer/Sealer: Apply one (1) coat of DAVIES® 1350 Megacryl® Concrete Primer & Sealer or SR-BM Buena Mano on puttied surfaces
Topcoat: Apply two (2) coats of DAVIES® SUN & RAIN® Topcoat Finish
Recoating interval : 2-3 hours
Drying Time : 2 hours
Clean-up : Clean Water