Water-based Wood Primer
DAVIES® TimberPrime™ is a premium interior acrylic latex primer undercoat for use on non-wood surfaces. It provides optimum sealing, excellent adhesion, resistance to peeling and cracking with maximum hiding. It contains a tannin blocker to resist wood stains thus sealing and protecting bare wood surfacessuch as siding, trim, sash and doors.
Type : Modified Acrylic
Finish : Flat
Color : White
Practical Coverage: 30-35 sqm / 4L / coat depending on surface porosity
Pack Sizes: 1 liter and 4 liters
• High hiding to cover surface imperfections
• Seals fine wooden grains for a smooth finish
• Blocks tannin stains eliminating topcoat discoloration
• Excellent adhesion to wooden surfaces and to succeeding topcoats
For wood surfaces
Application Tools :
Brush / Roller / Spray
Dilute with not more than 5% water
• All surfaces must be clean, dry, free from dust, dirt, chalk, laitance, efflorescence, rust, grease, oil, and other foreign materials.
• Sand wood surface until smooth to touch with no slivers or rough edges. Dust off and wipe with a clean rag.
• Patch all holes and imperfections with DAVIES 25 PasteWoodfiller or DAVIES 77 Laxtite for a clear varnish finish. UseDAVIES 790 Speedglaze Lacquer Putty for Duco finish. Sand smooth and dust off
Primer/Sealer: Apply one (1) coat of DAVIES® 1300 TimberPrime™ Wood Primer
Putty: As needed, apply DAVIES® 5000 Megacryl® Concrete Putty
Primer/Sealer: Apply one (1) coat of DAVIES® 1300 TimberPrime™ Wood Primer on puttied surface
Topcoat: Apply two (2) coats of DAVIES® Latex Topcoat Finish
Recoating Interval: 2-3 hours
Drying Time: 2 hours
Clean-Up: Clean water
STORAGE AND HANDLING
• Keep container closed when not in use.
• Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated space.
• Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
• In case of spillage absorb with inert materials such as sand.