Textured Effects reminiscent of Exotic Wood Grain
Davies Wall Art Classico is a water-based textured paint that resembles the distinctive partridge wood pattern of Wenge– a luxurious, dark hardwood, used for crafting high-end articles such as musical instruments.
Colors: Available in 10 standard colors
Coverage: Wall Art™ Classico™ Topcoat- 5-6 square meters/ liter / coat
Cement, metal, wood; for interior application
Paintbrush/ Baby roller
Wall Art™ Stainless Steel Trowel or spatula
Wall art™ Spalter Brush (thick bristles)
Preparation of the Substrate:
1. Make sure that the surface is clean and dry, free of dust, oil, laitance, paint, curing compounds, and other contaminants such as algae and mildew.
2. Scrape off any cement residue and loose material, and sand away rough edges for a smooth surface.
3. Surface must be cured for 28 days (or 5-7 days skimcoat preparation) before application.
Product Application Procedure:
Step 1: Apply one (1) coat of Wall Art™ DecoPrime™ using a roller. Let dry for 8 hours.
Step 2: Apply one (1) coat of Wall Art™ Classico™ using a spalter brush to make diagonal strokes. Quickly work on areas of 30cm² at a time with consistently-angled strokes, feathering, and overlapping edges so that brush restarts are not visible. On the edges, apply a straight continuous stroke. Let dry for at least 8 hours.
Step 3: Polish the surface with a stainless steel spatula or trowel for the texture to emerge. This method darkens the textured brush strokes, giving the surface a tone-on-tone contrast effect. Regulate the force and pressure to avoid scratching or damaging the textured surface.
STORAGE AND HANDLING
• Keep the container closed when not in use.
• Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated space.
• Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
• In case of spillage absorb with inert materials such as sand.