DAVIES® X-RUST Anti-Corrosive Metal Primer is a single-pack rust-inhibitive alkyd primer that offers excellent corrosion protection to mild steel and iron surfaces. It is a fast-drying non-lifting primer for high-performance solvent-based topcoats such as polyurethane, epoxy enamel, thermoplastic acrylic, nitrocellulose lacquer, and alkyd enamels.
DAVIES® X-RUST may also be used as a barrier coat between previously painted surfaces and new coatings containing strong solvents that may adversely affect the old paint.
Type: Alkyd Enamel
Finish: Low sheen
Color: Light Gray
Practical Coverage: 25 – 30 sqm / 4L / coat depending on surface porosity
Pack Sizes: 1 liter 4 liters and 16 liters
• Excellent adhesion to steel and metal surfaces
• Outstanding cohesion and gloss hold out to strong solvent-based topcoats
• Superior long-lasting and durable anti-rust finish with zinc phosphate which is non-lead and non-chrome-based
• Fast-drying in two (2) hours to enable the quick application of topcoat finishes
• Dries to a high-build one-coat dry film with excellent hiding and light gray color to accept light to dark topcoat colors
For interior and exterior general structural steel and architectural ironsurfaces such as roof, machinery and other equipment, doors, fencesand railings.
Application Tools :
Brush / Roller / Spray
For Brush / Roller, use as-is. If necessary, dilute with not more than ¼ liter or 5% by volume of DAVIES® 71 Lacquer Thinner per 4L of DAVIES® DV-XR-61
For Spray, dilute with 1 liter of 25% by volume DAVIES® 71 Lacquer Thinner per 4L of DAVIES® DV-XR-61
• All surfaces must be clean, dry, free from dust, dirt, chalk, laitance, efflorescence, rust, grease, oil, and other foreign materials.
• Wipe off oil and grease with solvent or lacquer thinner
• Remove rust, mill scale, and stains with sandpaper, wire brush, or other abrading methods.
• Treat iron surfaces with a heavy coating of rust and scale withDAVIES® X-RUST Converter, wipe off residue, and clean with lacquer thinner.
Primer: Apply one (1) coat of DAVIES® XR-61 X-RUST
Topcoat: Apply two (2) coats of either DAVIES® Keramikote, DAVIES® Epoxy Enamel, DAVIES® Liquid Tile, DAVIES® Automotive Lacquer, or DAVIES® Gloss-It
Drying Time: 1-2 hours
Clean-Up: DAVIES® 71 Lacquer Thinner
STORAGE AND HANDLING
• Keep container closed when not in use.
• Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated space.
• Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
• In case of spillage absorb with inert materials such as sand.