2-component Rendering Paste
MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-2 is a specially formulated rendering paste that can easily be mixed with cement to fill up cracks to achieve smooth and even concrete surfaces. It is resistant to hairline cracks and exhibits excellent adhesion making it ideal as a finishing plaster for concrete walls. It is sag-resistant, perfect for ceilings, beams, and other overhead applications.
Type: Modified Acrylic
Color: Off white
Practical Coverage: 25-30 sqm / 25 kgMONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-2 + 25 kg sieved cement
Pack Size: 5 kg and 25 kg
• Superior Strength and Durability
• Excellent Resistance to Hairline Cracks
• Outstanding Adhesion to Water-based Paint System
• Very Good Alkali Resistance
• Easy and Convenient to use
• Optimum Open Time and Pot Life for Easy Workability
INTERIOR / EXTERIOR • Plastered Concrete Walls
• Columns and Ceilings
• Concrete and Pre-cast Surfaces
• Gypsum and Fiber-cement Boards
• Concrete Soffits and Overheads
Application Tools :
Clean Stainless Steel Trowel
• All surfaces must be clean, dry, free from dust, dirt, chalk, laitance, efflorescence, rust, grease, oil, and other foreign materials.
• When applying Skimcoat for rough surfaces, concrete may be cured for only 5-7 days.
• Sieve the white or gray cement to eliminate agglomerates and lumps.
• Mix 1 part MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-2 with ½ to 1 part of sieve cement by weight. While mixing MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-2, add the cement in increments until it is evenly distributed resulting in a homogeneous lump-free mixture.
• Use an electric mixer to ensure a homogenous lump-free mixture.
• Do not add water while mixing or after the mixture is achieved.
• Light water misting of the concrete surface is recommended before applying the MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-2 cement mixture.
• Allow a minimum of 24 hours of drying depending on the thickness and atmospheric conditions before applying the desired painting system or wallpaper.
• MONDO™ SKIMCOAT SK-2 must be applied with a sealer or paint as protection.
No of coats: 2
Recoating interval: 30 minutes - 1 hour
Pot life: 30 minutes - 1 hour depending on atmospheric condition
Clean-Up: Clean Water
STORAGE AND HANDLING
• Keep container closed when not in use.
• Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated space.
• Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
• In case of spillage absorb with inert materials such as sand.